Export (Archive) Project
You can back up an entire project into a single, compressed .zip file.
After it has been compressed, you can either use Gild to decompress your
project, so that you can continue to work on it using Gild, or you can use
any other decompression software that will recognize the ZIP format
(see "Accomplishing Common Tasks>Importing Archived Projects"). However,
the second option will not automatically make your files available in Gild.
To back up your project, follow these steps:
- In the Gild Resource View, select the project that you would like to back up.
- Right-click in the Gild Resource View.
- From the pop-up menu, select "Export>Archive Project [selected project name]".
- You will be presented with a "Save As" dialog. Use this dialog to navigate to the location on your computer or diskette at which you would like to save your project.
- In the "File Name:" input area, type in the name of the file that you wish to save your exported project as.
- Click the "Save Button".
- If the export was successful, you will be presented with a dialog that tells you the location at which your project was saved. Click "OK".
Note: by default, the Archive Project feature exports all files except '.class' files. To change the files that are excluded go to "Window>Preferences>Gild>Project Share".
Previous | Index | Next