Creating a New Java File
Java Files will contain all of the source code for your Java programming
tasks. Before you can add Java files, you need to have a project to add
them to. See "Creating a new Gild Project"
for more information. After you have a project, adding java files is easy.
It can be done one of two ways: by creating a new Java file; or by
importing files into your project.
- Right-click anywhere in the Gild Resource View.
- You will be presented with a pop-up menu. Select "New>File".
- You will now be presented with the "New File" wizard.
- On the top part of the wizard page, there is a large tree view
that looks a lot like the Gild Resource View. In this view,
select the project and/or folder in which you would like to
create your file.
- Underneath the tree view, there is an input line labeled
"File name". In this input line, enter the file name you wish
to use (i.e. "MyFile.java"). Note that java files must always
end with the ".java" extension.
- Click the "Finish" button.
Previous | Index | Next